Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oh Ho Ho All The Snow!

I am curled up in my over sized living room chair,  wearing my new sweater wrap, tshirt, pajama pants and fuzzy socks. The chair is turned so I can see both the fire place and the window on the other side of the room. I have candles lit and a pot of tea brewing. My favorite blanket is in the dryer getting ready to be snuggled in and I'm happy.. completely at peace. 

It's snowing guys. SNOWING. I love Fall and I love winter. Snow IN Fall? Fucking win! It's gorgeous, I love it. Snow and I go way back. I've always loved it and looked forward to it. It's always meant snuggly blankets and old Christmas shows on tv. It's meant apple cider and Samhain (I have never once had a Samhain without snow.) It means Winter Solstice and my birthday. The only thing I love more than looking at trees turning beautiful golden and toasted colors is looking out at a world that is covered in a deep, thick shimmering blanket of snow with the barren trees peeking out. Weeping willows with snow and icicles clinging to them. Evergreens enveloped in it before they're brought inside.

I walked into my house the other day and teared up. I had been baking and cooking and canning. There was the scent of coffee and tea and it just smelled.."right." It smelled like my great grandmas house always smelled this time of year. That's when I knew I was doing something right. I have never in my life been so content and happy. Just.. at peace with everything. Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment