Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Great Idea

You know what would be grand? A blog post of just every day items.

So, today that is exactly what I'm doing. No drama. No insanity. Just.. my day.

It was grocery day today so that always means an early morning. If you don't remember I am not a huge fan of early mornings. But, I managed to drag my ass out of bed anyways... and promptly into the shower. It was freezing. My furnace has a tendency of going out when it's cold. Lovely little quirk that one. So, I showered, scrubbed my hair and used the last of my color protect shampoo(Not sure if I'm going to keep dying it or not.), and went down to turn the furnace back on. Now, what I want to know is who the hell thought to put the furnace switch in the fucking ceiling? Even with a step ladder I was too damn short and had to go get my tree of a brother to do it for me.

I even managed to dry my hair this morning, which isn't something I do every day. Not good for the hair, but gods do my curls go insane when I do it. I love it.

Once in town I did my usual shopping, with a bit of a twist. Zero frozen items, zero boxed items... all fresh. Which is damn close to what I normally do anyways but usually I get a bit just for everybody else in the house. This time they have veggies, fruit and nuts. I need to rework my system and they could do well with it as well. Needless to say the bill was a little higher this time, especially since I had medications I needed to get as well. For one inhaler for my asthma it was over $100. Ouch. Very much so. Entirely too bad I need the damn thing to breathe -.-

I also managed to find a sulfate free shampoo with argon oil in it. It's actually a brand I've gotten before just a different model of it. So even if I don't like the argon oil one I can go back to the one I used before. I'm oddly excited about this. It's another step in taking care of myself better and I love it.

Earlier I made plans to go spend a movie night with Lady Di in a week or so. I love movie nights with her. We are hilariously awesome. I am completely comfortable around her. It's a nice feeling. We also talked about going for weekly walks once she gets her car back so I'll even be getting a bit of exercise. I'm also planning on doing a camping weekend with her, my uncle and a few other people. All these people are hilarious, and make me feel good and are people I'm comfortable around. It should be a really fun weekend. Especially if I get all the people I want to come. You know those friends you have where every time you see them you do nothing but laugh? That's what all of these people are to me. And we feed off of eachother and it get .. not child safe fairly quickly. For the first time in a long time I'm really looking forward to something. I'm happy with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment