Monday, October 31, 2011

Samhain

Tonight as the barrier between the two realms grow thin
spirits walk amongst us again
they be family, friends and foe
pets and wild life, fishes and crow
This feast I shall leave on my doorstep all night
in my window one candle shall burn bright
to help my loved ones find their way
as they travel this eve until dawn
Bless my offering, both Lady and Lord
of breads and fruits, greens and gourds
Dark Mother your cauldron is a well of death and rebirth
Dark Father your sword both protects and annihilates
hear me now as the past year slowly dies only to be reborn again
may the good come to pass the bad be cast aside
with your divine guidance and protection, I step into the New Year.


Normally I absolutely love Samhain. This year though it just feels like another day. Yet, I will light a candle tonight. And chances are good I'll take time to reflect on the past and set future goals, things I want to improve and harvest. 
Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment